Please note – you must be an Active MASA Member in order to nominate for these positions. If you have any questions about your membership category please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations are open until January 11, 2021 at 4 pm for a number of seats on the MASA Board of Directors.
Fill out the online nomination forms at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WP67T6K.
- President-Elect – Greater MN – Regions 1-8 (21-22)
- Region 4 Superintendent Component Group Representative (2021-24)
- Region 6 Superintendent Component Group Representative (2021-24)
- Region 7 Superintendent Component Group Representative (2021-24)
- Region 9 Superintendent Component Group Representative (2021-24) – two seats
- Region 9 Metro Central Office Component Group Representative (2021-24)
Each representative will serve a three-year term representing their region and component group beginning July 1, 2021. MASA Board of Directors term limits are two consecutive terms.
All voting members are eligible to nominate for the President-Elect.
However, if your region and component group is not listed in the open Board seats, you are only eligible to nominate for the President-Elect seat.
You can find the forms and lists of eligible MASA members that may be nominated online at: https://www.mnasa.org/nominations-to-the-board.html
President-Elect – Greater MN – Regions 1-8 (21-22)
The President-Elect serves one year, followed by one year as President and one year as Past President. All MASA Active members from Regions 1-8 are eligible for this position. The President-Elect alternates between Regions 1-8 and Region 9 every other year.
In the year of the presidency, a student from the President’s district will receive a $1,000 scholarship.
In addition, you must:
- be an active MASA member
- be a practicing administrator
- have five years of successful administrative experience in Minnesota
- be committed to MASA and its goals
- have time available to represent MASA for three years (2021-24) as President-Elect, President, as Past President
Accountabilities of this office include:
- Participates in MASA Executive Committee (Officer) and Board Meetings. Officer meetings are mostly held via conference call. There are 4 Board Meetings per year: at the Fall Conference, in December at the MASA offices, at the Spring Conference, and a June retreat located in Brainerd in even-numbered years and the metro area in odd-numbered years.
- Assists the President in providing general leadership to the organization
- Performs all duties of the President, in absence of the President
- Recommends appointments of all standing committee members, including Chairs-Elect.
Region Component Group Representative Nomination Process:
Any “Active” (voting) MASA member may nominate themselves or a colleague. Both nominator and nominee must be a member of the MASA Region and/or Component Group to which the nomination pertains.
MASA officers and board members have the opportunity to influence education in Minnesota and serve their fellow colleagues.
We encourage you to nominate yourself or a colleague who you feel would be a strong leader for MASA. If you nominate a colleague, please contact your nominee to ask them whether or not they are interested in running for the position-and so that they know you have nominated them!
The nomination forms can be found online at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WP67T6K.